This Saturday, Manor Park & this Sunday, Market Place
Please join us for our Festival opening in the Manor Park this Saturday at midday. We will be setting up stalls, acts and activities from 9am so come over and enjoy your Saturday with us. Don’t forget to bring your dog for our Dog Show competition!
Our first Festival weekend and #WantageQ90 (Wantage Celebrates Queen’s 90’th Birthday celebrations) will continue on Sunday in the Market Place.
We hope to see you all there! It has been a long 18 months of preparations and we cannot wait to start our 2016 Festival!
Please support us by posting your updates and photos with #WantageSummerFest and #WantageQ90 hashtags, but also by talking to our digital journalists and photographers present at the event (you will recognise them as they will have our official press badges on).
Images from Wantage Summer Festival events from last weekend: The Flower of the Quern at the Vale and Downland Museum and Open Gardens in Priory Road.
Wantage Summer Festival events to enjoy in the next 7 days:
You have raised £620 for our community – thank you!
We are extremely happy to share with you the great fundraising news – thanks to all your support and the amazing Waitrose scheme we have raised £620 for our Festival.
We are very keen on developing our programmes and building on all the work from our last 18 months so we will be keeping you all informed on how we intend to spend this money.
For now we are celebrating the fact that so many of you decided to support us this way.
We are all volunteers so acts of kindness and support like this motivate us to do even more for our local community, thank you so much!
Get involved as a volunteer!
Thank you for offering to help Wantage Summer Festival 2016!
We really appreciate this and we understand that you might have limited time and resources so we have decided to list all the areas we would really need your help with.
Please remember that every little act of support helps us and we are extremely grateful for all your support.
In June and July we need help with:
– Distributing programmes between now and the end of the Festival (which runs from Saturday 11 June – Sunday 17 July)
– Distributing other promotional material, such as posters
– Manning the WSF stall at the opening weekend (Saturday 11 June and Sunday 12 June) – please email us or add your name here,
– Manning the WSF table in Vale and Downland Museum, Wantage on Saturday mornings – please email us
– Helping with promotion in our social media channels – Facebook, Twitter – please like, comment on and share our updates to help the reach of our messages
– Documenting our Festival events – if you are attending any events and happen to have photos or would like to write a blog post for us, please get in touch
After 2016 Festival:
We will also need new ideas, fresh external perspectives when we review the 2016 Festival in September and in planning and organising Wantage Summer Festival 2017.
What can we offer in exchange:
We can offer you new skills, experience, new friends, new contacts and our network.
If you’re interested in helping us, (no matter how little time you can spare), please reply to this email at firstname.lastname@example.org saying how you’d like to help and when, and we’ll get in touch with you as soon as possible.