Thank you to everyone who made time to participate in our feedback meeting last night. Here is what we have talked about:
- Ticketing – we did not have a lot of comment about this;
- Insurance for open air events was mentioned – we explained that in the past organisers were asked to provide it but we are still investigating all the options;
- Festival fatigue – do people get tired of events at some point? We have noticed a very low attendance for some events, despite of advertising and personal networks of organisers – something to address in 2017?
- Art in the Park – it would be nice to have more students for the event – in 2016 event was open to the KA students only, can this be a limitation?
- Maybe we should have less events but focus more on their support and promotion? Do we scale back a bit?
- We need to help organisers with careful scheduling of events to avoid running many events at the same time – if possible
- Some people might still not know about Wantage Summer Festival – how can we reach them? One suggestion was to reach out to community influencers;
- Some people are not committed to come to an event until the actual day of it – how can we address it?
- We need an opening event – possibly in conjunction with the Town Council too (their idea of #WantageFest?), we also need a closing event;
- Programme – can we please send it out before print to all organisers for proofreading?
- Press passes – are a good idea but let’s make sure photographers actually come to the event;
- Can we have a creative writing workshop for children? – how does relate to other local Festivals?
- Can we consider the past idea of collaboration between community groups?
- Can we consider Festival core events and an idea of fringe events?
- We need to improve signage and find solutions for common challenges – banners on crossings are actually not legal, how can we address this?
- Overall consensus is to keep the Festival within the current time frame or similar one: June and July.
As you can see most of the feedback, which also includes points from our online survey, leaves a lot of unanswered questions. We will now look at those and work on solutions in 2017.
Thank you for making it YOUR Wantage Summer Festival!